Zum Auffrischen und Üben
Antwort schreiben

Re: Today

Mi 14. Okt 2009, 15:04

That's absolutely greek to me... tenses ;-) I use 'em and nobody cares about it anyway... and I'm mostly talking to Americans... so, who cares :mrgreen:

Mi 14. Okt 2009, 15:13

Knutschi, there ARE Americans with a certain level of education. And they may find you are not expressing yourself very well :mrgreen:

Mi 14. Okt 2009, 19:15

Helmine - that's correct!
I did mention; I mentioned it yesterday.

Mi 14. Okt 2009, 20:52

Helmine hat geschrieben:Knutschi, there ARE Americans with a certain level of education. And they may find you are not expressing yourself very well :mrgreen:

Do I have to read between the lines here??? :P

Mi 14. Okt 2009, 21:16

Knutschi, I think Helmine has in mind that Americans, even if they would never be able to explain what the difference between past and present perfect is, might feel that there is something wrong or even misunderstand: I had a new boss (he is already gone) or I have got a new one (he is still there).

Do 15. Okt 2009, 12:59

Hi girls,

I just discovered this new forum. I didn't notice it before. I hope I will find the time to join you often, I could need some practice. From next week on, we will have an Englisch teacher who will come once a week for one and a half hours and practice English with me and my colleagues. We write quite a few emails, but we don't have much opportunity to speak. We are looking forward to it.

By the way: do some of you read English books? For me this is a good way to freshen up vocabulary.

See you!
Matamoe

Do 15. Okt 2009, 13:32

Hey there :)... yes, practice is everything... if you don't speak often, you forget very much...

I don't read English (not since my A-Levels in English :lol: ) books but I watch some American TV series and switch to English on DVDs

Do 15. Okt 2009, 13:39

If you don't use it, you lose it...

I keep fit with reading English books. Preferably Stephen King or Anne Rice novels.
News on Sky or CNN - and just like Knutschi DVDs of series switched to English.
Antwort schreiben

Hosted by iphpbb3.com
Beliebteste Themen: PC, Erde, NES

Impressum | Datenschutz